Limited Recovery of b-Cell Function After Gastric Bypass Despite Clinical Diabetes Remission
DRC's Blandine Laferrère featured in Diabetes Journal, April 2014Friday, April 4, 2014 - Tuesday, July 1, 2014
The mechanisms responsible for the remarkable remission of type 2 diabetes after Roux-en Y gastric bypass (RYGBP) are still puzzling. These data show that β-cell dysfunction persists after RYGBP, even in patients in clinical diabetes remission. This impairment can be rescued by oral glucose stimulation,...
- New Link Between Obesity and Diabetes FoundTargeting a single enzyme that raises both sugar and insulin levels in the obese could prevent and treat diabetesTuesday, February 11, 2014 - Monday, June 30, 2014
This study was led by Ira Tabas, MD, PhD, Richard J. Stock Professor and Vice Chair of Research in the Department of Medicine and professor of anatomy & cell biology (in physiology and cellular biophysics), and Lale Ozcan, PhD, associate research scientist.
- 2014 DRC Pilot and Feasibility Grants awarded!Funding to support diabetes-related research at Columbia UniversitySaturday, February 1, 2014 - Wednesday, April 30, 2014
2014 Pilot & Feasibility grants from the Columbia Diabetes and Endocrinology Research Center (DERC) were awarded to Drs. Remi J. Creusot, Alla Grishok, and Haiqing Hua. Please check back for 2015 funding opportunities.
- 15th Annual Frontiers in Diabetes Research Conference: Pathogenesis and Treatment of "Diabesity”Saturday, November 16, 2013, 8:00AM – 4:30PM, Russ Berrie Medical Science PavilionWednesday, July 24, 2013 - Saturday, November 16, 2013
Sat., Nov. 16, 2013, 15th Annual Frontiers in Diabetes Research Conference: Emerging Insights into the Pathogenesis and Treatment of "Diabesity”
- Cutting Back on Fat and Sugar (In the Diabetic Liver)Naomi Berrie researchers find that one drug may be able to fix two problems in diabetesFriday, July 19, 2013 - Saturday, August 31, 2013
Naomi Berrie researchers find that one drug may be able to fix two problems in diabetes
- New Link Between Obesity and Diabetes Found